to the 28th
of September 2018, an extended NECLIME workshop will be take place in Sofia (Bulgaria) at the Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
organized by Dimiter Ivanov and his team. This extended workshop focuses on "Climate and vegetation evolution in the Paratethys and Eastern Mediterranean"
. It is organized in association with the 9th
meeting of the NECLIME working group on "Taxonomy of Neogene Palynomorphs“
, the 4th
meeting of the NECLIME working group on "Taxonomy of macrobotanical records in Eurasia"
and the NECLIME working group "On Fossil woods". Scientific tropics
- Palaeobotanical records (micro/macro) of the Central and Eastern Paratethys
vegetation and climate dynamics from palaeobotanical
records(micro/macro) – taxonomical basis and methodological standards –
- Higher resolving reconstructions - time series and their analyses
- Plant diversity patterns in pollen records
- Application of digital data on plant distribution in biodiversity reconstruction
- Neogene climate and vegetation gradients from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Eastern and Central Paratethys
- Aridification trends and large scale changes of palaeovegetation patterns - evidence from plants and vertebrates
- Plio-Pleistocene Transition – evidence from the Eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea, andsurrounding lacustrine basins
- Multi-proxy approaches in continental palaeoclimate reconstruction
- Evolution and dynamics of lacustrine systems
the frame of the given regional focus we invite contributions on
vegetation-climate interactions, plant and animal migration and
evolution, driving mechanisms, development of open landscapes,
evolution of wetlands, and climate change and variability in time and
space. Furthermore, we encourange the exchange between macro- and micropaleobotanists
as well as colleagues from other working groups
digital data on plant distribution, detailed and high-resolution
records, and Neogene stratigraphy of the plant bearing horizons in
Central and East Asia to join our exteneded workshop in Sofia.
Colleagues working on Neogene mammals are also kindly invited to
contribute, and to share their recent results and new ideas.
Please, find more details about the registration and abstract submission in the 1st circular.
To register, please fill out the registration form
and send it to Dimiter Ivanov (dimiter"atcu.bas.bg
or dimiter"at"gbg.bg) or Vladimir Bozukov
Deadline for registration and abstract submission: June 15th, 2018.
was held from 5th
of June 2013 at the Department of Wood Science, Faculty of Forestry and
Wood Technology of Mendel University, Brno
and was kindly organized by Jakub Sakala and Vladimir Gryc.
more information about the schedule in the 1st circular.
The thematic focus lay on Paleogene and Neogene wood in reference
to their Nearest Living Relatives
and their potential to reconstruct
paleoclimate and paleovegetation
Details about each presentation
and each topics
discussed is summerized in the report of the workshop